1. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Stakers have and always will have insane banks (arguably economy breaking if they were to drop it all at once). This has been true for 10 years.
    My point is, look how much they have, do we really need to see them with multiple cash stacks? We need more cash flowing out than in at this point.

2. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    My point is, look how much they have, do we really need to see them with multiple cash stacks? We need more cash flowing out than in at this point.
    What do you expect from a server that's been up for 2 years? You can't just reset a server every 2 years because the economy is flooded with cash or items.

3. Offline
    1Donator
    Jun 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by sharingan View Post
    What do you expect from a server that's been up for 2 years? You can't just reset a server every 2 years because the economy is flooded with cash or items.
    You can, on every RSPS. They all do it, because it's Needed! RS itself doesn't because they have tons and tons of players and miniscul changes sort out the eco (theatre of blood 100k). Do you remember PVP release on RS? Basicly a way to dump shit ton of items and get almost nothing in return, that made tons of items be more worth.

4. Offline
    1Donator
    Jun 2018
    #
    Stakers have and always will have insane banks (arguably economy breaking if they were to drop it all at once). This has been true for 10 years.
    Yes stakers have always been around, and they can have most of the economy. But not on this game, this game went from 100's of players to a 10th of that preportion. All these items are now hoarded by stakers. Believe it or not, a reset is NEEDED. Listen to what I actually have to say here..

I have never in my life played a more complete version of battlescape then I am now, don't let it go to waste.

5. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile761 View Post
    Yes stakers have always been around, and they can have most of the economy. But not on this game, this game went from 100's of players to a 10th of that preportion. All these items are now hoarded by stakers. Believe it or not, a reset is NEEDED. Listen to what I actually have to say here..

I have never in my life played a more complete version of battlescape then I am now, don't let it go to waste.
    I'm not sure this server ever even peaked 300. From Oct 2016 - Dec 2016 we struggled to maintain 50. From the end of Dec to mid Feb 2017 is when the pures played and when we peaked maybe 250 (Feb 2017, 2 months later, they dipped and so did the playercount). Since then we've jumped around between peaking 30 and a little over 100. The age of this game has nothing to do with the player count, because when it was new it still didn't matter.

6. Offline
    1Donator
    Jun 2018
    #
    I'm not sure this server ever even peaked 300. From Oct 2016 - Dec 2016 we struggled to maintain 50. From the end of Dec to mid Feb 2017 is when the pures played and when we peaked maybe 250 (Feb 2017, 2 months later, they dipped and so did the playercount). Since then we've jumped around between peaking 30 and a little over 100. The age of this game has nothing to do with the player count, because when it was new it still didn't matter.
    Did you forget when this server released as a PVP server (you didn't do any reset even when you changed the game mode completely) we had over 300 players? That was the first stage of this game.

ADD MY DISCORD Tiumutki#3133

7. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Accounts Logged In Game Over the Last 30 Days
    46% (482) 1 month or less old
    7% (80) are 1-2 months old
    3% (37) are 2-3 months old
    6% (67) are 3-4 months old
    4% (42) are 4-5 months old
    2% (24) are 5-6 months old
    14% (152) are 6 months - 1 year old
    6% of accounts that still play have been playing since before 2017 (when the server was still new and things were easier/more PK focused).
    (December 1st 2016 is when combat stat setting was removed and the server started towards eco focus due to lack of PKers)

70% of the playerbase started playing this year. Even if you disregarded every account from this month just in case they're players that logged in and then quit, that still leaves almost half the playerbase from this year.
    18% of active accounts are over a year old.

Not sure why the spike in registrations this month (doubled over last month) by user id never lowers, and id 35540 was the 1st of this month. User ids are currently at 38081 (https://www.battle-scape.com/members/35540 - just input a userid after members and look at the join date).
    Last edited by Palidino; 06-29-2018 at 10:32 PM.

8. Offline
    Jun 2018
    #
    Why don't you just start a poll and see what the majority of the players want? Seems like the most simplistic way to settle this debate.

9. Offline
    Jun 2018
    #
    Also some of the changes you've made would help the server but it's too far gone to do any good now. Barrows flooded into the game for a measly 8m for months then take it out of shops. Like I just stated the easiest way to figure out what the majority of YOUR player base wants it to let them decide. Poll it.

10. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar View Post
    Why don't you just start a poll and see what the majority of the players want? Seems like the most simplistic way to settle this debate.
    Because the poll will fail to pass a reset (because as I pointed out the majority of the players just started this year). Then the debate will start over again with the argument being that all the old players voted against a reset and because of them we'll never reset and grow. It's a never-ending argument.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234