1. Offline
    Oct 2018
    #
    @palidino when will you release drop rate % for hard modes?

2. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by World 2 View Post
    @palidino when will you release drop rate % for hard modes?
    It's not finalized just yet but it's looking like 20%.

3. Offline
    Nov 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by blazed you View Post
    There isn't currently an existing eco based server that has an active wilderness because pking just isnt as active as it was years ago. Marketing the game towards the clan scene may seem like a good idea to you since you're a part of it, but most RS and RSPS players now are ironmen and skillers. There's more marketability in designing a grindy eco based skilling server than there is a pk server.
    Direction of RSPS changed when servers got released who promised TRULY GOOD COMBAT, consisting of developers who have years of PKing experience and KNOW what PKer's want and they themselves were part of the RS clanning community. They built immense hype backed by a team with experience in RSPS Developement and RS Experience. 3-4 of these servers on launch day had 200-400 players online, and either couldn't handle traffic, tons of bugs were found, and lot of them lost players real quick as promises and deadlines weren't being fulfilled. Long story short basically some developers teamed up, split ways, changed directions of server, GOOD IDEAS AND GOOD EFFORT was put into these servers along with them being easier to create and handle. That's where they dominate the Toplists. Spawn Eco's arn't much different than the traditional ECO servers as currency was easily obtained and everything that's spawnable on a Spawn server was dirt cheap from store's in a Eco, there's truly much of a difference aside that it was worth something, but very very little. [/QUOTE]

With the release of W2 there's nothing to stop Palidino converting W1 into some kind of semi-spawn PK server to cater to the Pkers, but I don't see why he'd do that when it would never be able to compete content wise with the other PK servers.
    That's not desirable though. People who skill will PK, and people who PK will skill. There's people who don't consider themselves a PKer but still PK regardless, and PKers who don't consider themselves skillers, but skill regardless. Battlescape is in a good place, it's just there's no "WOW" factor. Ironman Mode is SOLID, Regular Mode is nice, it's just very small economy, as server

Or are there other things stopping clans joining this game aside from an active wilderness?
    Clans go where other clans are. Clans go where there's the most activity. Clans WANT Good combat and active Hybrid community.

Agreed but the RSPS community has changed a lot since BS1 & BS2, so what made Battlescape active then probably wouldn't now.
    nah it's very much the same honestly, as I said before, spawn/eco's are just the best choices on the market available in terms of activity and Pking. What made battlescape active then was the server's entire structure and system it had, the things that made it people go "COOL!". Economy was based on slayer/PvM. The slayer system was fantastic, drops were rewardable, alchables for days. Caskets were a global drop, the most satisfying thing to get and open, cash and treasure trail rewards. The Custom Castlewars/Soul Wars/TeamDM/KingOfHill Minigame was insanely fun, not to mention the good old CoD Zombies minigame which everyone begged for a return of. Dungeoneering was beautifully done, however it's not viable to OSRS. Vote Reward Shop, and Vote rewards, Daily Bosses you could kill. Basically what made battlescape different from the rest was no matter where you were or what you were doing you'd have the sense of QUALITY. Everything works, and is done properly, if not better than RS itself. [/QUOTE]

Any suggestions you have for how to market the game better?
    Market it as a quality server which is rare nowadays, where you won't find half-ass content or run into server sided problems. You witness on every other server people calling it trash, and there's nothing to call trash about Battlescape. You literally can't complain about anything aside from the activity. Releasing a world 2 without releasing it right will just cause a small excitement for something "fresh" within the already existing community, they will grind and burn out, and it'll be basically be W1 again. I just want Pali to make a Official RE-RELEASE of Battlescape thread and include a vision of the server, WHY people should chose to play this over the rest, Highlight it's attributes and his dedication to having a PRESTINE Server.

- Since Battlescape Isles 07

AKA Tearitup, Y Sos Pure, Never Enough

4. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Never Enough View Post
    Market it as a quality server which is rare nowadays, where you won't find half-ass content or run into server sided problems. You witness on every other server people calling it trash, and there's nothing to call trash about Battlescape. You literally can't complain about anything aside from the activity. Releasing a world 2 without releasing it right will just cause a small excitement for something "fresh" within the already existing community, they will grind and burn out, and it'll be basically be W1 again. I just want Pali to make a Official RE-RELEASE of Battlescape thread and include a vision of the server, WHY people should chose to play this over the rest, Highlight it's attributes and his dedication to having a PRESTINE Server.
    I can't really give every specific detail but a lot has been changed with world 2 & the way it runs compared to world 1. Palidino hasn't done a very good job listing changes since anybody reading this thread thinks the only changes he's making are to the exp rates & a few drop rates, but take my word he has done a lot lot more than that. The last week he's been making changes to the server structure & the way it runs to make it a much more well rounded eco based server.

I listed a few changes already on a post I made here: https://www.battle-scape.com/threads...stions?p=44074
    Last edited by blazed you; 10-31-2018 at 07:37 PM.

5. Offline
    Nov 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by blazed you View Post
    I can't really give every specific detail but a lot has been changed with world 2 & the way it runs compared to world 1. Palidino hasn't done a very good job listing changes since anybody reading this thread thinks the only changes he's making are to the exp rates & a few drop rates, but take my word he has done a lot lot more than that. The last week he's been making changes to the server structure & the way it runs to make it a much more well rounded eco based server.

I listed a few changes already on a post I made here: https://www.battle-scape.com/threads...stions?p=44074
    Alot hasn't changed, it's no different from the current server aside from ToB, it's just a new economy with all the updates from the past two years so the economy will be more fluent and drops come from somewhere that make sense as to previously.

- Since Battlescape Isles 07

AKA Tearitup, Y Sos Pure, Never Enough

6. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    Jagex should work together with top RSPS's & advertise them on their frontpage & have some sort of % on it.
    No idea if they care about RSPS's anymore, this might be profitable for both parties.

23hoursBTW

7. Offline
    Oct 2018
    #
    Will we get a full list of changes before release?

Also you said that normal mode and hard mode will be able to trade rare drops between eachother. Can they trade anything else aswell or just rare items? What counts as rare items?

@palidino

8. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by World 2 View Post
    Will we get a full list of changes before release?

Also you said that normal mode and hard mode will be able to trade rare drops between eachother. Can they trade anything else aswell or just rare items? What counts as rare items?

@palidino
    Everything can be traded between both modes.

9. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Rare View Post
    Jagex should work together with top RSPS's & advertise them on their frontpage & have some sort of % on it.
    No idea if they care about RSPS's anymore, this might be profitable for both parties.

23hoursBTW
    Lol

10. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    So there is no drop rate increase for hard mode?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast