View Poll Results: Economy Reset (Excluding Stats)

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 45.71%
  • No

38 54.29%

1. Offline
    Aug 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by l0000000000l View Post
    unlike the other times In the past this eco is literally fucked
    eco has always been fucked, not as noticeable with more players, bs2-scapewars every eco was fucked lol

resets never worked but neither has anything else palis done past 2 years so idk whats best

2. Offline
    Aug 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    A reset of any kind isn't going to change anything. Our current economy isn't that bad compared to past servers, and even better when compared to most other RSPS. There are RSPS that have been running for years without a reset that are in a MUCH worse state but keep pushing on fine with players (way more than us), I imagine for one because those players are confident a reset isn't something to be worried about.

Your first point doesn't make sense. I haven't stopped adding content, and turning off the server for some period of time to do so doesn't make sense. Not only that, but we have the majority of content compared to when we first opened, not to mention more skills than any past BS server has ever had.

For your point two, there is a reason why there aren't BTS and updates daily. I/Programming only move so fast, I'm not sure why you would expect a server reset to change this.
    obviously aiming for a skill/pvm server ddnt work now did it, its 2017 no one wants to skill

3. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by stronq quy View Post
    obviously aiming for a skill/pvm server ddnt work now did it, its 2017 no one wants to skill

Yeah like there are zero ppl with max capes no one ever wants to skill and no 200ms either smh.....

4. Offline
    Aug 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by no1sangel View Post
    Yeah like there are zero ppl with max capes no one ever wants to skill and no 200ms either smh.....
    wow you're a smart person

5. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Same ol greedy pixel hugging froobs keeping the economy boring af.

6. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Same ol greedy pixel hugging froobs keeping the economy boring af.
    ^ this

7. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    I can agree with that to an extent, although easy servers that managed to get a lot of hype before releasing have always thrived, even way back when. Economy servers have always had their place too, but as I mentioned somewhere recently, about half the top servers are PK/spawn servers and that isn't entirely something "new" that has become popular only recently.

Anyway we can't be a successful economy server if we do resets, it kind of goes against the point. A spawn server can easily be reset because at the end of the day it's a spawn server and there are no major losses; resetting an economy based server actually screws long term players over in a way that they don't just recover from in a few days. Especially when you consider the point that you want a reset is because there are too many items or whatever you think is bad, to avoid a repeat would mean making it harder which just hurts long standing players even further.

A more ideal solution is the proposed balanced of the hard mode/group ironman, where everything would be harder and the economy of those accounts would be limited to others in that mode, allowing the normal mode to stay the same or even become easier to further separate the two. This way the people who WANT to game to be challenging and items costing money out the ass can have that, while others who are looking for a more casual play compared to OSRS still have that and without resetting anyone.
    Last edited by Palidino; 09-03-2017 at 02:32 PM.

8. Offline
    Aug 2017
    #
    I can agree with that to an extent, although easy servers that managed to get a lot of hype before releasing have always thrived, even way back when. Economy servers have always had their place too, but as I mentioned somewhere recently, about half the top servers are PK/spawn servers and that isn't entirely something "new" that has become popular only recently.

Anyway we can't be a successful economy server if we do resets, it kind of goes against the point. A spawn server can easily be reset because at the end of the day it's a spawn server and there are no major losses; resetting an economy based server actually screws long term players over in a way that they don't just recover from in a few days. Especially when you consider the point that you want a reset is because there are too many items or whatever you think is bad, to avoid a repeat would mean making it harder which just hurts long standing players even further.

A more ideal solution is the proposed balanced of the hard mode/group ironman, where everything would be harder and the economy of those accounts would be limited to others in that mode, allowing the normal mode to stay the same or even become easier to further separate the two. This way the people who WANT to game to be challenging and items costing money out the ass can have that, while others who are looking for a more casual play compared to OSRS still have that and without resetting anyone.
    can't be a successful server if you do resets but also can't be successful if the eco is less balanced than gang rape, the difference between these last versions of battlescape and the bs1-bs4 versions is you had loads of players at launch, most teams played bs and they were there from the start, you don't have that now. You launched this server with a low quantity of players, it stayed that way (don't know what server peaked at but yea, everyone quit anyways.) The playerbases of every server always depends on pkers, and you know this, no playerbase is BASED off of skillers and whatnot, therefore you have to reach out to the MAJORITY of the playerbase, then again you released loads of unfinished projects and that was a bad choice too. To the point,i dont think an eco reset would fix the problem entirely, in my own opinion (what i think would work) is that you would get a hold of known pkers on rs,have them advertise your server coming out as brand new (in this case, a reset is neccessary.) other than that i don't see this game growing

9. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    can't be a successful server if you do resets but also can't be successful if the eco is less balanced than gang rape, the difference between these last versions of battlescape and the bs1-bs4 versions is you had loads of players at launch, most teams played bs and they were there from the start, you don't have that now. You launched this server with a low quantity of players, it stayed that way (don't know what server peaked at but yea, everyone quit anyways.) The playerbases of every server always depends on pkers, and you know this, no playerbase is BASED off of skillers and whatnot, therefore you have to reach out to the MAJORITY of the playerbase, then again you released loads of unfinished projects and that was a bad choice too. To the point,i dont think an eco reset would fix the problem entirely, in my own opinion (what i think would work) is that you would get a hold of known pkers on rs,have them advertise your server coming out as brand new (in this case, a reset is neccessary.) other than that i don't see this game growing
    I still don't see how a reset benefits anything. Resetting means all combat stats lost, including PKers who might return if there were more people playing, and also would mean all items become rare for awhile and shoot back up in price (which is negative when directing a reset at attracting PKers). If anything it seems more likely a reset would attract skillers and pvmers who would see a reset as a way to compete for firsts, but then at the cost of potentially losing more players than would ultimately be gained.

10. Offline
    Aug 2017
    #
    I still don't see how a reset benefits anything. Resetting means all combat stats lost, including PKers who might return if there were more people playing, and also would mean all items become rare for awhile and shoot back up in price (which is negative when directing a reset at attracting PKers). If anything it seems more likely a reset would attract skillers and pvmers who would see a reset as a way to compete for firsts, but then at the cost of potentially losing more players than would ultimately be gained.
    risk vs reward thing, i don't know, at the end of the day it's up to you,

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast