1. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dro View Post
    You see, this is the most informative post on this thread yet. Thank you sir. So out of you people (majority) that boss, what would make you want to pk? anything? What if I placed all of your precious bosses IN DA WILDERNESS? HA.
    Why don't you make a list of things that make PKing active in the feedback and suggestions topic?

2. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    OP needs to realize that the year is 2018. If any of the servers that were up in the 2010 would be reopened in same format, they would be dead. Times have changed.

If they vote on a vpn if can be seen and put on a ban list (i know they do it with minecraft servers, not sure if they do it with rsps atm) before the vote even works, it says "you are on a vpn and cannot vote"
    Runelocus atleast does manual checks of suspicious votes and go straight to banning servers from their toplist.

A real server advertises itself. I created Ultimascape, and Derpscape and with no paid advertisements. Ultimascape was first place on all RSPS for a few months in 2009 peaking at 140 players, and Derpscape fought for 4th to 12th place for a year straight in 2012 with 60 players online at most times.

Let me ask you this, could you spawn items at all in that server? I'm sure there were more reasons other than their paid advertisements that drew players away. I'm not the only one who wants to pk for reward/risk alive today and I shall make a server and prove it

YO Paladino, let me get Battlescape 2010 so I don't have to use P.I or Elvarg base please and thank you.
    Toplist traffic can't be compared to what it was back then. The player traffic has been increasing from the other sources. You can't compare 2009 rsps playerbases with 2018 playerbases, doesn't make sense at all.
    Last edited by Banned 42; 03-21-2018 at 05:59 PM.

3. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    You see, this is the most informative post on this thread yet. Thank you sir. So out of you people (majority) that boss, what would make you want to pk? anything? What if I placed all of your precious bosses IN DA WILDERNESS? HA.
    Less people search servers on toplists, less people search runescape realated things on youtube. What makes you think people are going to randomly search them again?

4. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Less people search servers on toplists, less people search runescape realated things on youtube. What makes you think people are going to randomly search them again?
    Non paid advertisements is how I got most of my initial players. Rune-server, Runelocus, Moparscape, Myspace, Facebook, you name it. After that, they voted and told their friends on other servers through messengers. My Skype has several hundred active OSRS and RSPS players, thats a start.

It will be a pk server, BUT, what will draw people to it will be a story. From the start you feel immersed because an NPC starts talking to you in sub-quest chat. You can choose to follow the story and quests, or just go straight to pking.
    Last edited by Dro; 03-21-2018 at 06:15 PM.

5. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    All of this shit is gibberish, case closed.

6. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphis View Post
    All of this shit is gibberish, case closed.
    This sums up what I was going to post.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123