1. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Because ELO is only used in matchmaking where you are fighting someone of the similar skill ranking.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I think it's a brilliant idea, but I'm not sure of how it would be implemented properly. I could work, I'm not saying it couldn't. I'm just explaining how I know ELO works through matchmaking
    Pretty much this. OP doesn't seem to understand what ELO means or what it represents.

To top it off, the only two things that might arguably require "skill" in PvP interactions is how fast you switch + fake switching, rest of it is all RNG.

2. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Adult Ziek View Post
    Pretty much this. OP doesn't seem to understand what ELO means or what it represents.

To top it off, the only two things that might arguably require "skill" in PvP interactions is how fast you switch + fake switching, rest of it is all RNG.
    You're some kind of retard, aren't you? ELO is already used in many private servers and works perfectly on wilderness too. When you kill some nobody that hasn't gained ELO ranking, yours won't raise either.

And by your second sentence, I can judge that you can't PK. Now stop shitposting on every single thread you see.

3. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    Why do you talk so much shit like you know so much about RS/RSPS a ELO rating will divide the pkers that focus on PVMERS and the pkers that focus on PKERS
    its just a nice thing to have. @Adult zeik

4. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeik View Post
    You're some kind of retard, aren't you? ELO is already used in many private servers and works perfectly on wilderness too. When you kill some nobody that hasn't gained ELO ranking, yours won't raise either.

And by your second sentence, I can judge that you can't PK. Now stop shitposting on every single thread you see.
    Weak troll, bro; any server that might have "ELO" implemented as you claim has most likely done it wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that these servers with "ELO" as you claim only check to see if people have gotten kills recently, meaning if a hybrid comes along and kills an edge pker on a hot streak, that probably raises their "elo". Any server that you think you might have seen with an "ELO" system is most likely doing it wrong because they, just like you, don't understand what ELO is or what it represents. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system)

5. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Adult Ziek View Post
    Weak troll, bro; any server that might have "ELO" implemented as you claim has most likely done it wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that these servers with "ELO" as you claim only check to see if people have gotten kills recently, meaning if a hybrid comes along and kills an edge pker on a hot streak, that probably raises their "elo". Any server that you think you might have seen with an "ELO" system is most likely doing it wrong because they, just like you, don't understand what ELO is or what it represents. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system)
    You're only replying to save your own face and now you link source link that is already posted in the OP.

There's not only one "correct" formula for ELO and it is modified to suit the game.

New player has X amount of ELO when he haven't killed anyone nor died, basically if he kills someone with low elo, his rating won't change much and if he kills someone with high ELO rating he get's a lot of points. The amount of ELO points depend on K-factor that is defined by the game.

Now define why this wouldn't work in RSPS wilderness, which you didn't do in your earlier posts.

6. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeik View Post
    You're only replying to save your own face and now you link source link that is already posted in the OP.

There's not only one "correct" formula for ELO and it is modified to suit the game.

New player has X amount of ELO when he haven't killed anyone nor died, basically if he kills someone with low elo, his rating won't change much and if he kills someone with high ELO rating he get's a lot of points. The amount of ELO points depend on K-factor that is defined by the game.

Now define why this wouldn't work in RSPS wilderness, which you didn't do in your earlier posts.
    ELO is a construct that is defined to determine predictability of an individual's skill based off a compound value that changes when they are matchmade against someone of equal skill.

Unfortunately, killing someone doesn't provide a metric that can serve as a positive reference, aka, whether Player 1 had had less, equal, or greater skill than Player 2, regardless of how many kills either player had. Thus, a hint of uncertainty exists in trying to determine what the odds would be in either player's favor (E.G 64% of Player 1 killing Player 2 / 36% of Player 2 killing Player 1, and so forth) - because those same odds are what drive the reward / pentalty mechanisms in ELO ratings.

Like I said, you don't understand what ELO is, and that is why I relinked the page. Play a game that has a correct implementation of ELO and you might begin to learn the basics.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12