1. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    We are currently using KDR system that barely shows anything about pking skill. You could get 10 kills and 0 deaths by getting few easy kills and your KDR would be 10. In meanwhile someone can have 1000 kills and have 100 deaths and have exactly same KDR.

Many games these days prefer ELO rating system over KDR as it allows the game to differentiate players between a grandmaster and a player that just kill noobs all day long.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
    Quote of how ELO works:
    A player's Elo rating is represented by a number, which increases or decreases based upon the outcome of games between rated players. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The total number of points gained or lost after a game is determined by the difference between the ratings of the winner and loser. In a series of games between a high-rated player and a low-rated player, the high-rated player is expected to score more wins. If the high-rated player wins, only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred. The lower rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw. This makes the rating system self-correcting. A player whose rating is too low should, in the long run, do better than the rating system predicts, and thus gain rating points until the rating reflects the true playing strength.
    My suggestion is to replace KDR with ELO.
    Last edited by Banned 42; 03-10-2018 at 07:28 AM.

2. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    I like this.

+1

3. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    any suggestion for how that elo would be calced? and is this just in wildy or including duel too?

4. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    any suggestion for how that elo would be calced? and is this just in wildy or including duel too?
    I'm assuming wildy. Duel is just rng anyway.

5. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    ELO is meant for matchmaking so it can match you with a similar ranking opponent to go against. The wilderness is a free for all, so it doesn't make sense to add one as those two factors conflict eachother.

K/D =/= high elo ranking. High elo ranking is gained by winning against other people with high elo... It would make sense to add it to a minigame but not for all of the wilderness.

6. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    ELO is meant for matchmaking so it can match you with a similar ranking opponent to go against. The wilderness is a free for all, so it doesn't make sense to add one as those two factors conflict eachother.

K/D =/= high elo ranking. High elo ranking is gained by winning against other people with high elo... It would make sense to add it to a minigame but not for all of the wilderness.
    it'd be used here for bragging rights essentially, could generate a formula based on kills/deaths/(risk possibly) that gives a much more accurate display of how good someone is than a reset-able kd ratio does

7. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    it'd be used here for bragging rights essentially, could generate a formula based on kills/deaths/(risk possibly) that gives a much more accurate display of how good someone is than a reset-able kd ratio does
    can't wait for another system to be abused for people's ego

8. Offline
    Sep 2017
    #
    The wilderness would still be a free for all place but the people with a high ELO would gain basically nothing from killing pvmers or people with low ELO and wouldn't be able to flaunt their shit like they're good or something. They would actually have to kill real pkers around their ELO to rank up higher.

9. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    I'll think about perfect formula for it. Just in wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post

What does this have to do with the wilderness being free for all? People don't PK just to achieve better KDR, but it would be good addition to have system that really makes some sense. I've never cared about KDR, because it's quite pointless system.

I don't know if it's bragging, well probably some people it would be. I think it would be fun to compete with system that actually gives some kind of image of how "good" you are. I think the value shouldn't be resetable.
    Your idea of formula that includes risk is not bad either, better than regular KDR.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooksy View Post
    The wilderness would still be a free for all place but the people with a high ELO would gain basically nothing from killing pvmers or people with low ELO and wouldn't be able to flaunt their shit like they're good or something. They would actually have to kill real pkers around their ELO to rank up higher.
    Exactly.

10. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeik View Post
    What does this have to do with the wilderness being free for all? People don't PK just to achieve better KDR, but it would be good addition to have system that really makes some sense. I've never cared about KDR, because it's quite pointless system.
    Because ELO is only used in matchmaking where you are fighting someone of the similar skill ranking.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I think it's a brilliant idea, but I'm not sure of how it would be implemented properly. I could work, I'm not saying it couldn't. I'm just explaining how I know ELO works through matchmaking
    Last edited by London; 03-10-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast