1. Changing the RULES of the server.  - 10-25-2017 #1

Oct 2017
    #
    Account Sharing
    You are not allowed to share your account(s) at all.
    This means:
    Not allowing friends to play on your account.
    Not allowing family members to play on your account.

This is a rule i think should be changed / removed. I understand why the rule is in the game but it should be the account owners own decision as it is on 07 and MOST other servers. If i have a friend(s) that i trust my account with, i should be able to provide him access to my account without getting banned. [ disable item refund on accounts that are shared if hacked ]

Why cant you just play your own account?
    Example:
    1. There are many different account builds for pking ; berserker pure/60atk piety/dher/voider/range tank/range pure/initiate pure/obby tank/obby mauler/1 def 75 atk/1 def 60 atk/1 def mauler/ and many more. Do you honestly expect me to have that many accounts? This is something Jagex themself noticed and changed in order to let their content creators and players be able to have a vast experience with multiple accounts.

2. I want to tb a kill but my friend is not online, so i log on his account and use it to tb. [keep in mind this server it takes time to train a new account and to get all the untradeables etc on them.]

Teams joining the server
    I myself have been and currently am in one of the biggest rsps pking teams atm [ Aryan], and i can say its very common to share accounts within the teams. I can say with 100% certainty that every big or small pking clan does account share.

Use of Staff power

This is something i wanted to quickly comment on. I do understand not everyone might understand banter or the difference in actually meaning it or flaming someone. I have and know many people that have been BANNED for the smallest toxicity or verbal abuse. example: u dont deserve to get perma banned for calling someone a ugly 12 year old. Im not sure if battlescape has had the top rsps teams on it for a long time but its changed. The rsps pking scene is VERY toxic, and i suggest all the staff members to go read other servers forums [example : loco or oss forums] to actually see how the teams talk to each other. I hope this is something the staff team will talk to each other about, maybe mutes or perma mutes instead of a ban/perma ban?

Speaking Foreign language
    I understand making it so u cannot speak 4n in home CC but u should be able to talk to ur friends with a other language. Not everyone speaks/types fluent english and its easier to communicate with their own. You dont see a country ban people from speaking other languages just because its harder for the authority to ''catch'' people breaking rules.
    Last edited by The Ironest; 10-25-2017 at 03:05 PM.

2. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Speaking in a foreign language in home cc = No thanks bro.

3. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Froticle View Post
    Speaking in a foreign language in home cc = No thanks bro.
    You clearly didn't or cant read.

4. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Let's break this down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ironest View Post
    Account Sharing
    You are not allowed to share your account(s) at all.
    This means:
    Not allowing friends to play on your account.
    Not allowing family members to play on your account.

This is a rule i think should be changed / removed. I understand why the rule is in the game but it should be the account owners own decision as it is on 07 and MOST other servers. If i have a friend(s) that i trust my account with, i should be able to provide him access to my account without getting banned. [ disable item refund on accounts that are shared if hacked ]
    So you understand the legitimate reasoning behind the rule but want it changed anyway?

Refunds are not allowed for shared accounts as stated at the bottom of this announcement in General Queries

Why cant you just play your own account?
    Example:
    1. There are many different account builds for pking ; berserker pure/60atk piety/dher/voider/range tank/range pure/initiate pure/obby tank/obby mauler/1 def 75 atk/1 def 60 atk/1 def mauler/ and many more. Do you honestly expect me to have that many accounts? This is something Jagex themself noticed and changed in order to let their content creators and players be able to have a vast experience with multiple accounts.

2. I want to tb a kill but my friend is not online, so i log on his account and use it to tb. [keep in mind this server it takes time to train a new account and to get all the untradeables etc on them.]
    You shouldn't even be allowed to use a seperate account to tb on, so this overrides your whole point entirely.

Teams joining the server
    I myself have been and currently am in one of the biggest rsps pking teams atm [ Aryan], and i can say its very common to share accounts within the teams. I can say with 100% certainty that every big or small pking clan does account share.
    Then so be it. If a team doesn't want to join the server because we don't allow account sharing then that's a small loss. I'd rather not have more toxic pures/pkers. I'd rather keep the integrity of our community's accounts safe.

Use of Staff power

This is something i wanted to quickly comment on. I do understand not everyone might understand banter or the difference in actually meaning it or flaming someone. I have and know many people that have been BANNED for the smallest toxicity or verbal abuse. example: u dont deserve to get perma banned for calling someone a ugly 12 year old. Im not sure if battlescape has had the top rsps teams on it for a long time but its changed. The rsps pking scene is VERY toxic, and i suggest all the staff members to go read other servers forums [example : loco or oss forums] to actually see how the teams talk to each other. I hope this is something the staff team talk to each other about, maybe mutes or perma mutes instead of a ban/perma ban?
    You really cannot speak about this because the hypocrisy makes me laugh. You're one of the most toxic players we have currently. If you break the rules, you get punished. There's not much else to it. Yeah, sometimes we can be lenient, but every time you call someone ugly, or make a remark against their family, or "jokingly" comment on their race, you're dealing with a lot of heat. People shouldn't be spoken to the way I've seen, which is why we issue punishments. People join a game to relax and enjoy their time. Not to be harassed by some immature twat online who can't keep their mouth shut.

Speaking Foreign language
    I understand making it so u cannot speak 4n in home CC but u should be able to talk to ur friends with a other language. Not everyone speaks/types fluent english and its easier to communicate with their own. You dont see a country ban people from speaking other languages just because its harder for the authority to ''catch'' people breaking rules.
    There's many reasons as to why this rule is in place which we cannot go into. It stays.

Edit/Continuation:

As for your comments on staff power, the amount of power shared across the team is balanced and has been this way for as long as I can remember. With the only change of recent times being that we no longer have ::move and mods can no longer ::tele/::teleto.

You have the opportunity to post a ban appeal if you think your ban isn't justified. And if a higher up disagrees with how a situation is dealt with, the infraction/ban is reversed accordingly, and the staff member who issued it is spoken to. The system is fair.

If you don't want to cry about how you're dealt with, avoid getting dealt with in the first place.
    Last edited by London; 10-25-2017 at 03:16 PM.

5. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    xdd
    Last edited by HELLBOUND; 10-25-2017 at 03:15 PM.

6. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    I'm probably repeating what I posted on your appeal here for the most part but seen as you've gone to the effort of making a public thread I'll give you a reply to it.

We are a small voluntary staff team, Jagex has many payed employees handling account problems, putting the two of us in the same boat outside of game content isn't really appropriate.

I'm aware that clans often share accounts, I can also tell you that when clans are active on battlescape there is Large amount of hacking and attempted hacking. I don't have the time or will power to make decisions constantly regarding who is hacking and who is sharing, and I wouldn't ask anyone else on the staff team to do so either.

Nobody has ever received a permanent ban for flaming. At most repeat offenders will get a 3 day ban, if people are permanently banned there is a good reason for it.

Re foreign langauge, once again we have a small voluntary staff team, I do not want to spend my time translating conversations and I doubt our other staff members do either. I'd recommend setting up a discord channel between your friends if it's a big issue for you.

7. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Let's break this down.

So you understand the legitimate reasoning behind the rule but want it changed anyway?

Refunds are not allowed for shared accounts as stated at the bottom of this announcement in General Queries

You shouldn't even be allowed to use a seperate account to tb on, so this overrides your whole point entirely.

Then so be it. If a team doesn't want to join the server because we don't allow account sharing then that's a small loss. I'd rather not have more toxic pures/pkers. I'd rather keep the integrity of our community's accounts safe.

You really cannot speak about this because the hypocrisy makes me laugh. You're one of the most toxic players we have currently. If you break the rules, you get punished. There's not much else to it. Yeah, sometimes we can be lenient, but every time you call someone ugly, or make a remark against their family, or "jokingly" comment on their race, you're dealing with a lot of heat. People shouldn't be spoken to the way I've seen, which is why we issue punishments. People join a game to relax and enjoy their time. Not to be harassed by some immature twat online who can't keep their mouth shut.

There's many reasons as to why this rule is in place which we cannot go into. It stays.
    I understand why its there but i am suggesting making it so the account owner can him/herself decide if he wants to account share or not. If we wants to account share make it so he cannot get a refund if hacked or something happens to the account?

Also i did not say not to punish people, i was talking about different ways of punishment, like perma mute or a longer mute than 1h instead of a insta perm ban.

If account sharing is not eligible for hack support or name changes why is it not allowed and bannable???

8. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm probably repeating what I posted on your appeal here for the most part but seen as you've gone to the effort of making a public thread I'll give you a reply to it.

We are a small voluntary staff team, Jagex has many payed employees handling account problems, putting the two of us in the same boat outside of game content isn't really appropriate.

I'm aware that clans often share accounts, I can also tell you that when clans are active on battlescape there is Large amount of hacking and attempted hacking. I don't have the time or will power to make decisions constantly regarding who is hacking and who is sharing, and I wouldn't ask anyone else on the staff team to do so either.

Nobody has ever received a permanent ban for flaming. At most repeat offenders will get a 3 day ban, if people are permanently banned there is a good reason for it.

Re foreign langauge, once again we have a small voluntary staff team, I do not want to spend my time translating conversations and I doubt our other staff members do either. I'd recommend setting up a discord channel between your friends if it's a big issue for you.
    First of all i didnt make a appeal? i think u are confusing me with ''Fe Hell''.

''I'm aware that clans often share accounts, I can also tell you that when clans are active on battlescape there is Large amount of hacking and attempted hacking. I don't have the time or will power to make decisions constantly regarding who is hacking and who is sharing, and I wouldn't ask anyone else on the staff team to do so either.''
    - Maybe add a option u can select while creating a new account that states that it will be used as a shared account and will not be able to be recovered/refunded.

''Nobody has ever received a permanent ban for flaming. At most repeat offenders will get a 3 day ban, if people are permanently banned there is a good reason for it.''
    -Wrong, Skieb was Permanently banned for FLAMING. i flamed Casey and got a permanent ban. [ was banned multiple times for flaming]. When i appeal unban it gets declined because Casey does not like me.

9. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    I understand why its there but i am suggesting making it so the account owner can him/herself decide if he wants to account share or not. If we wants to account share make it so he cannot get a refund if hacked or something happens to the account?

Also i did not say not to punish people, i was talking about different ways of punishment, like perma mute or a longer mute than 1h instead of a insta perm ban.

If account sharing is not eligible for hack support or name changes why is it not allowed and bannable???
    Your first comment makes literally no sense whatsoever. Every single instance of "account sharing" is within the knowledge of the account holder, otherwise that would be hacking. You're literally just rewording "allow account sharing" but trying to manipulate the staff by giving the reasons in a different way of approaching it.

"Oh yeah I account shared with him but I didn't know I was account sharing" - then it's hacking?

Also, what happens when you share an account and then change the password randomly and drop communication with the people whom you're sharing with? Then do you become the hacker and they say you robbed them of their progress/money? This is why it gets out of hand and our small team (count SNR MOD/ADMIN) hasn't got the time to deal with this small bullshit. Better to just remove the ability entirely.

Perma Mute
    This is an awful idea, it would make someone want to quit entirely, which isn't our goal when issuing punishments. Infractions are here to decipher how long you should be banned for, which are issued fairly. (If you believe they're not, again, you can appeal).

Why would we waste time muting people who just keep on chatting shit and never learn their lesson from mutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'd recommend setting up a discord channel between your friends if it's a big issue for you.
    Discord now has a feature to have group chats, so this is an alternative. But I'd agree with what Dan says here as server creation is free with Discord and it really isn't hard to figure out how to set one up.

10. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    It's either we allow this and we stop assisting anyone to who gets hacked or we still support players by giving them a temporary password. We won't waste our time recovering someones account it they decided to give it to their friend and they want to play games.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast