1. Clan Wars Meets Server Wars  - 07-24-2017 #1

Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    This is currently just a concept, changes or ditching this idea entirely are possible.

Four times a day (more if there is demand for it), a safe, single way, free for all Clan War will run. The top x winners can be awarded prizes, such as coins, blood money, etc.

Once you enter, your skill levels will change. This will depend entirely on what the game has selected. Hitpoints selected will be a number between half your highest level, and up to 50% higher than your highest level.
    For example, the current game running might assign all players the levels:
    Attack: 10
    Strength: 80
    Ranged: 60
    Magic: 90
    Defence: 30
    Prayer: 45
    Hitpoints: 75

You will generally be able to use whatever equipment you have as long as it meets the level restrictions. Upon killing a player, you have a chance at obtaining some of the Last Man Standing items to continue on with the war, that will be removed after leaving the war. These items include food, potions, elder maul, dragon claws, etc. Killing a player will always give you food.

Any of the Clan Wars options can get randomly selected. These include combat style restrictions, overheads, special attacks, and F2P only. The map can either always be a specific map or it can be randomly selected from the available maps.

To motivate people to play without giving out insane rewards, something some as a rainbow partyhat could be a rare prize.
    Last edited by Palidino; 07-24-2017 at 04:49 PM.

2. Offline
    Jun 2017
    #
    Different and Unique
    I like

3. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Pretty neat idea! Would love some kind of minigame.

4. connoiseur 07-24-2017 #4

Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    This is currently just a concept, changes or ditching this idea entirely are possible.

Four times a day (more if there is demand for it), a single way free for all Clan War will run. The top x winners can be awarded prizes, such as coins, blood money, etc.

Once you enter, your skill levels will change. This will depend entirely on what the game has selected. Hitpoints selected will be a number between half your highest level, and up to 50% higher than your highest level.

You will generally be able to use whatever equipment you have as long as it meets the level restrictions. Upon killing a player, you have a chance at obtaining some of the Last Man Standing items to continue on with the war, that will be removed after leaving the war. These items include food, potions, elder maul, dragon claws, etc. Killing a player will always give you food.

Any of the Clan Wars options can get randomly selected. These include combat style restrictions, overheads, special attacks, and F2P only. The map can either always be a specific map or it can be randomly selected from the available maps.

To motivate people to play without giving out insane rewards, something some as a rainbow partyhat could be a rare prize.

I don't think minute details like what map is used really matters, but that's just my opinion.

Keeping it simplistic would be beneficial so many people can simply get into it and participate. Leaving it 0 risk and a BM reward might mobilize PvMers to try out the tournaments since they have nothing to lose.

Another server has an implementation of a tournament system that runs a couple times a day, and each tournament is themed; each theme is either limited to stuff like DH + veng only, hybrid (mage/melee) (no overhead), tribrid (mage/range/mage) (with overheads), pure fighting.

Everything is provided for you by the tournament chest, and it's simply a single-elimination tournament, random assignment and simply keeps going until there are only 2 people left to fight one another.

You could have a bunch of themes that limit everyone and track which tournaments have the largest turnout, also add brew caps on each tournament so people can only take 2-3 brews from the chest, etc.

The prize can just be BM rewards, can scale by participant size or just have some flat number.

5. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by connoiseur View Post
    I don't think minute details like what map is used really matters, but that's just my opinion.

Keeping it simplistic would be beneficial so many people can simply get into it and participate. Leaving it 0 risk and a BM reward might mobilize PvMers to try out the tournaments since they have nothing to lose.

Another server has an implementation of a tournament system that runs a couple times a day, and each tournament is themed; each theme is either limited to stuff like DH + veng only, hybrid (mage/melee) (no overhead), tribrid (mage/range/mage) (with overheads), pure fighting.

Everything is provided for you by the tournament chest, and it's simply a single-elimination tournament, random assignment and simply keeps going until there are only 2 people left to fight one another.

You could have a bunch of themes that limit everyone and track which tournaments have the largest turnout, also add brew caps on each tournament so people can only take 2-3 brews from the chest, etc.

The prize can just be BM rewards, can scale by participant size or just have some flat number.
    I considered having specific themes rather than randomly selected levels, but it seemed like it might stay more interesting for longer if it isn't the same combat setups every time/day. Plus as you mentioned with the PvMers, they might not find it fun for long if 1+ of the themes are always hybridding. You'd still have 5-10 minutes to decide what it is you want to take in before it starts, or I could even have it decide the rules as soon as the current game ends, since I was thinking around 2 hours between games.

6. connoiseur 07-24-2017 #6

I considered having specific themes rather than randomly selected levels, but it seemed like it might stay more interesting for longer if it isn't the same combat setups every time/day. Plus as you mentioned with the PvMers, they might not find it fun for long if 1+ of the themes are always hybridding. You'd still have 5-10 minutes to decide what it is you want to take in before it starts, or I could even have it decide the rules as soon as the current game ends, since I was thinking around 2 hours between games.
    You could also just do something where people enter a portal / talk to an NPC when they enter a tourny, then a chatbox menu opens with different options selecting what theme the user wants for the tournament.

All the votes will be tallied for each theme, then a random theme will be chosen with the popular voted themes having more weighting in whatever the server selects. Leaving it to player decision could allow the players who are online and are participating to have some influence on what tournament they're feeling like doing at that particular moment.

7. Offline
    Administrator
    Dec 2016
    #
    Yes please.

8. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    Include Zombie Waves in dissssssssssssssssssssssss

9. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #

Four times a day (more if there is demand for it), a safe, single way, free for all Clan War will run. The top x winners can be awarded prizes, such as coins, blood money, etc.

Add a poll !

10. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    i personally think this is a gay waste of time

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast