1. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Confidence View Post
    I don't like the fact that the XP of combat skills is reduced a lot after you hit level 99.

It should remain as it was before where everybody could get 200m. It's not really a challenge, nobody is going to hit 200m no matter how much you play. It just encourages more people to do skilling which believe me can be boring. If the intention of adding this was because it was easy get 200m on combat skills, then at least increase the XP gained. Getting 65xp for high alching is ridiculous.

Please can you change this? Thanks.
    This is to make sure people get xp drops when they pk i am pretty sure. Besides that there is no real need for 200m in combat skills. Now owning a 200m in any skill is unique.

2. Offline
    Administrator
    Dec 2016
    #
    I don't like the fact that the XP of combat skills is reduced a lot after you hit level 99.

It should remain as it was before where everybody could get 200m. It's not really a challenge, nobody is going to hit 200m no matter how much you play. It just encourages more people to do skilling which believe me can be boring. If the intention of adding this was because it was easy get 200m on combat skills, then at least increase the XP gained. Getting 65xp for high alching is ridiculous.

Please can you change this? Thanks.
    If people got for example 200m atk str and def, they would not see any xp drops during pking, which makes it harder to predict a big hit.

3. Offline
    May 2017
    #
    Maybe Palidino can change it so the XP does drop but doesn't add to your skill level.
    Even if that wasn't to happen, on previous servers, people have managed so why won't they manage now?

:/

4. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Maybe Palidino can change it so the XP does drop but doesn't add to your skill level.
    Even if that wasn't to happen, on previous servers, people have managed so why won't they manage now?
    It's possible to do as far as I'm aware but he would have to make 200m the visible cap and let an invisible cap after that. By which anything over 200m should go back to 1xp rates, that would fix it tbh.

5. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    how the chance drops and the jar drops are literally worthless, Chewed bones dont work, jar of anything is useless, maybe add something so they have some worth/value

6. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Jupiter View Post
    I played Battle-Scape around like 2012-ish or so. I can't really remember exactly but it was basically around the time Alotic came about at the time. What I loved about Battle-Scape was that it was done right. It didn't shut down very often, it didn't change the concept that it had often, and it was just overall a lot easier to get things done compared to the way it is now.

The UI
    - The old UI was fantastic on resizable. The way I remember was that the chat box was see through. Private messages were displayed a little above that too. And you could open 2 tabs at once, if not 3 of them. Actually. First it was 2 tabs. But then later in the future they changed it to where you could have, I think, 3 tabs open. It made skilling so much easier to be able to see my xp gain + my inventory at the same time and guide making was surely easier back then too.

xLog
    - I really only play private servers that allow me to run to accounts at once rather than one normal and iron account. Runescape already allows us to run 2 Normals and 1 Iron so I can't see what rsps's can't do the same and yet they limit us to one account per IP or computer. I get a lot of skilling done & towards the future I sustain my accounts with my own items; Gear, Food, Potions. I never have to spend gp on anything and that's what I enjoy the most because the savings can be used on rarities & of course fashion-scape.

GE
    - I can't remember how the GE was back then but it was better than what we have now. Actually if I can recall correctly we had player-owned shops which were really amazing because we could peep into people's shop & see what they have and if we want it we buy it on the spot. Seller receives their gp. Buyer gets their item. No issues & No concerns. It was perfect. Plus, I think you were actually able to see the lit of names for everyone selling that item & the most fun I had was finding the cheapest price & buying it asap, especially if they had more than one in the shop.

Banking
    - There's not one server out there that has a good banking experience compared Oldschool Runescape or even Runescape 3 for that matter. I remember there was really only one server that allowed us to seamlessly move items between 1 tab to another without having to drag to the top where it lists our tabs in order. So if you have let's see 1 for Gear, 2 for Food, and 3 for Potions; I'd want to be able to move a potion from 3 to 2 within their own tabs rather than dragging it to the top and dropping it on the picture of tab instead. If you guys know what I mean, hard to explain in words actually, but when you have a really good banking experience... Even returning to pk fights is easy.

Xp Rates
    - Back then, Battle-Scape shared one xp rate for absolutely everything. But now we have like 40x Slayer Xp and whatever else it says under Normal Mode. I didn't really read all of it because it didn't concern me. I'm running 2 level 3 skillers so I could careless about combat/slaying xp. But still. That seems kind of op. 40x Skilling xp would be fair & downright ridiculous too. So why is slayer/combat xp so high up? Me personally, I prefer everything at one solid xp rate. I can't remember what Battle-Scape old xp rates were but if I had to take a guess, somewhere between 5x and about 40x for both Skilling & Combat. It was equally easy to level up everything, but it took quite awhile to get it to 99 and 200m xp.

And if you did achieve both achievements, that would = a pretty O.O decent bank.

Clans are gone!
    - Battle-Scape was held together by clans. The only reason B-S is down in the dumps is because the clans are gone & the big picture here what are you going to do about it? There's plenty of clans closing on Oldschool Runescape. If you can re-work PvP once again for clans to actually enjoy it, I'm 100% sure you'll see new opening clans coming out. And sharing the playtime of Oldschool Runescape + Battle-Scape would be something most people would enjoy while they're leveling new characters.

Should I forget to mention, Clans established the Eco for the most part. Because everything was going in and out, between shops & players, constantly every second. I'm guilty of buying over 1k fishes off many members of several clans, likewise when I gave my fishies away. Either way, having these clans on & doing more than just training and killing each other; the Skilling was incredibly helpful. + Instead of having a dead Fishing Guild, we probably had like 15+ there too. At least back then.

- - - - -

Honestly. Just bring back the old Battle-Scape of 2008 or 2012. Before you started shutting down the server(s) & Economy resetting everything. When Battle-Scape was at its prime we had over 3 worlds and 4,000+ players on at once, scattered between each world. That's when you offered the 3rd world (i think) as a p2p option. Again, I can't remember it too well. It was such a long time ago & with the reboots of B-S you just can't remember the old days without having videos.

My two cents.
    You are 100% correct on why the server is not growing and will not grow, the clans/single teams are gone, wich is the reason i got pali to do the wilderness updates tod, myself i have led many single teams and been apart of them since 2010. there is a lot still needing to bring teams to the server but im sure if pali asks for the help he will get that help, if he comes to me i will very much help with along with others.

7. Offline
    May 2017
    #
    I don't like the fact that all the skills are not done. Farming, construction etc.

8. Offline
    May 2017
    #
    Yes I know.

9. Offline
    Mar 2017
    #
    Some recent updates like rising of blood money item prices , pet doesnt have banking option so easy for players to instantly banking & no other specific spot for other skillings like runecrafting.. Cooking.. Farming etc

10. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit98 View Post
    Some recent updates like rising of blood money item prices , pet doesnt have banking option so easy for players to instantly banking & no other specific spot for other skillings like runecrafting.. Cooking.. Farming etc
    Pet doesn't have banking option? Do you mean like a pet is only a cosmetic or that you always have to carry around the 'pet item'. If the last is the case then you are doing it wrong, drop the pet then bank the item.

Skills like cooking do have other spots which are used, zul andrah for example is the closest cooking spot to the bank and is often used for that.

RC and farm are not added, same for construction.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast