1. Offline
    Jul 2017
    #
    I think there is a lack of people, and motivated staff.
    Helpful staff is the key to a server feeling very welcoming and making the learning curve low.
    Moderaters should focus more effort into answering questions and helping out new players. Any time a question is asked, More often than not, the asker is told to go to the RS-Wiki because its "the same" as regular OSRS.
    I have seen it happen a TON of times and I've only been playing about a month.

The lack of people does not need much explaining, there is just a lack of players. Especially active pkers.

The wilderness is controlled by one clan. If there were a second clan, things would be a lot more interesting. But, as it stands, Anything to do in the wilderness for PVM is not worth it. It isn't just a risk, its a guarantee that if you go to do a boss task or get sinister keys, you WILL be fighting 1 or 2 people. Period.

That being said,
    There are lots of PK friendly things that can improve the server. The preset system in the top PK server is incredible. Works off of your bank. Pkers dont wanna go through warriors guild for Dragon defender, and don't want to go through slayer for Void. It forces PVM onto people who are not interested in PVM. Currently, the money is not there in PKing. BM drops are quite low, and dont translate to high ammounts of GP. Spending time gathering up Boss slayer points is the best way to make money. 1mil BM is like.. 100+ kills?
    It isn't fun to PK either. Kill one person and youre on a shit list. Kill a PVM'er, theyll complain about how pathetic it is to pick on PVM'ers in chat. Kill the wrong person, and a clan will hunt you down, consistently, until you dont wanna pk anymore. Wanna PVM? every tele is being checked consistently by one clan's scout, because nobody goes and challenges the pkers, and the pkers are so bored that they have to constantly camp wilderness teleports.

At this point im just rambling. Take everything with a grain of salt. I'm not incredibly experienced with this game and just spouting off my thoughts.

Another thing about Great PKing servers
    There is an item gambler. Double or nothing. Good $ Sink. Maybe a good idea. Could make someone a quick bil or lose them a quick bil.
    Makes things interesting. something to think about
    Last edited by TaylorLuv; 07-20-2017 at 11:20 PM.

2. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    I dont like the fact that most items are worthless.

I dont like that the wilderness is not complete.

3. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Feedback for yourself

How it takes literally 2 minutes out of your day to log into battlescape on your phone and tell us what you're doing for the day instead of leaving us unknowing of whether you'll become inactive again. Yet you never do this.

How you're very distant with your staff team when it comes to how you want us to help run the server. As that's been left up to Jordan most of my time here and/or more recently Terror and Casey

How you have a lack of BTS threads anymore, seeming more interested in Rune-Server than your own player base as if the people from that site are somewhat more important.
    THIS! I might only be a new staff member, but what i found pretty weird is the large barrier between you as a owner/dev towards us staff members. Almost no communication with other staff members. I feel there is a large barrier between most "lower staff" and Admins. If there are problems in-game and we need an admin fast its pretty hard to get a hold on one. We need a improved way to communicate as a staff team, in order to maintain the server as a staff team.
    Last edited by Tim; 07-16-2017 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Small edits

4. Offline
    Banned
    Jun 2017
    #
    We need a rebuild, a rebuild of the owners personality towards the server and how he wants the server to progress, a rebuild of the current system in place for your activity + staff members activity. Game content needs to be rebuilt + fixed/added, advertisements and a potential refresh of the economy would imo boost the playerbase + be of best interest.

5. Offline
    May 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    I think a big issue with this is simply the lack of new players that stay. Without new players, regardless of drop rate rares will keep sinking quickly because as more come in, there's no one new to one them. The site's registration statistics list the average daily count at around 30-60 (and for quite some time), which seems pretty strange considering it doesn't really feel like we're actually growing.
    A big issue is lack of new players that stay? I'll tell you what the issues is. A bunch of people on the server gets hacked, which wasn't the players fault. It takes a week before some refunds start rolling out. I get the option to have my items back + items the hacker bought for my boss slayer points, OR to get the points back instead. Of course I chose the points. I've been grinding for 3-4 weeks to be able to get that twisted bow. What happends then? Absolute silence. The owner of the server is nowhere to be seen for WEEKS after that. The staff members doesn't know what to do, and is unable to help players because they have no way of contacting YOU. In the full 1 month and a week that I stayed active playing many hours each day, I saw you log in ONCE; for like 5 minutes.. You can't expect the server to do well and grow with your absence. It's like buying a car, never fueling it up and expect it to still start up.

The hacking and loss of boss points is the sole reason I stopped playing. Yeah, I got my 70m of items that I lost back, but loosing near 2B worth of points REALLY sucked. Especially when I get told I'll get it back as soon as you get on, which you never did. (It's been what...? 1 and a half month since it happened? Contacted Alex a few weeks ago and asked if I could have the items instead after all, and I have not gotten an answer)

However; with the recent updates and you seemingly being active again, there isn't much you can do but keep it up. (and don't let players get absolute fucked over like this unless of course it is the players fault that the player got hacked...)

6. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #
    All I've picked up from this thread is that the players are sick of Palidino not giving a fuck.

7. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    I don't like that you focus more on fixes than on content based updates lol. We have 0, donut, zilch mini games. Thats got to change.

8. Offline
    May 2017
    #
    -No team based mini games,such ass pest control for void
    , or add zombie minigame for void ,imbuing rings and stuff and make rings and all other items loose imbue on death even outside wildy
    -only way to optain void is pvm
    -only way to obtain the most op pvm wep is tru slayer or lucky drop from chaos ele
    -no wildy obilisks or however its spelled
    Wich means only way to get away from 50s is tru running a shit ton
    -the way this server is basicly pvm based since slayer is the best money maker and the only way to get some items because some players sinply cant even get a change to kill chaos ele
    -should not get blood money whit votes since i dont even have to play and make money
    - only thing vote pts are used for is skipping tasks,since there no need for em nomore after imbuing every ring and void and so on since those items r just kept on death
    -when ppl get hacked or theres something serious going on (like dupes or the last rune pouch bug)we always have to wait a long ass time for a fix since none of the staff team except pali has the ability to do something about it except for shutting down the server
    -combat just needs a complete rework since i can camp a certain monster in full melee tank gear and ancient staff and blood barrage and make Mills
    -when dieng outside wildy u should be given a choice to pay some npc 500k or more , or run bak to get your sht
    Becouse now i simply dnt gife fuck ig i die at any boss since i can get pots and food and return easily

Alot of spelling eroors blabla but cba to recheck message

-

9. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Haarek View Post
    A big issue is lack of new players that stay? I'll tell you what the issues is. A bunch of people on the server gets hacked, which wasn't the players fault. It takes a week before some refunds start rolling out. I get the option to have my items back + items the hacker bought for my boss slayer points, OR to get the points back instead. Of course I chose the points. I've been grinding for 3-4 weeks to be able to get that twisted bow. What happends then? Absolute silence. The owner of the server is nowhere to be seen for WEEKS after that. The staff members doesn't know what to do, and is unable to help players because they have no way of contacting YOU. In the full 1 month and a week that I stayed active playing many hours each day, I saw you log in ONCE; for like 5 minutes.. You can't expect the server to do well and grow with your absence. It's like buying a car, never fueling it up and expect it to still start up.

The hacking and loss of boss points is the sole reason I stopped playing. Yeah, I got my 70m of items that I lost back, but loosing near 2B worth of points REALLY sucked. Especially when I get told I'll get it back as soon as you get on, which you never did. (It's been what...? 1 and a half month since it happened? Contacted Alex a few weeks ago and asked if I could have the items instead after all, and I have not gotten an answer)

However; with the recent updates and you seemingly being active again, there isn't much you can do but keep it up. (and don't let players get absolute fucked over like this unless of course it is the players fault that the player got hacked...)
    Refunds are not a necessity. No one does refunds on any game or server. Don't tell us we need more staff to do them, because that isn't something we'd do. Trust issues play a huge factor on here, that's why you don't see new staff.

You get hacked because you either:

1. Same password on other sites and servers.
    2. Short passwords (easy hashable from DB leak)
    3. Play other servers and not know they have a keylogger in them.
    4. Account Share.

I haven't been home, you can keep crying over pixels, I wish i could cry over no sleep.
    Last edited by Alex; 07-16-2017 at 08:17 AM.

10. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    I'm not even joking lmfaooo. Each to their own i suppose >_>

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast