1. Hard Mode Points of Interest  - 10-05-2017 #1

Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    With it right around the corner, I want to go over it so it's a smooth release.

Hard mode will take all the restrictions and changes that are applied to ironman, but opens up slightly by allowing hard mode players to trade and stake each other (can still buy bonds off of normals like ironman accounts can). There will not be a GE. Also, the Boss Slayer Shop will not contain Raids items, which means these items won't be imediately available.

Combat XP rate: x10 (normal x400, iron x40).
    Skill XP Rate: x10-x20? (normal and iron x20)
    Can only loot PK'd items from other hard mode accounts.
    Emblems and blood money will be dropped by killing any type of account.
    Emblems exchanged for coins at their OSRS BH point values (lower than normal mode).
    Target kills will not drop additional emblems.
    Blood money shop will be released at a later date when rewards are decided on.
    Ult. or hardcore ironman icon.

Ironman Upcoming Changes (Applied to Hard Mode):
    Ironman accounts can participate in the PK Raffle, but only for winning the rares (no BM).
    Wilderness Barrows disabled.
    Item equip quest requirements for Lost City, Monkey Madness, and Dragon Slayer.

Also something I still have jotted down, but I'm unsure whether or not these will be changed in time for hard mode.
    BM shop (prices?): torso/avas/r-pouch, r/d defender; Barbarian Assault/Pest Control items: drops/zombies
    Last edited by Palidino; 10-05-2017 at 12:30 AM.

2. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Sounds good. What will be in The boss slayer shop if raid items are removed? Isnt 90% of The items in there raid items? Will you Add something Else?

3. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    For the untradables like torso etc you could probably just have it like the 742, where you had the open room with the creatures there for us to kill (as well as the queen)

4. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    I think x15 would be cool and please do sum big stuff for emblems.
    By what I mean - https://www.battle-scape.com/threads...ll=1#post28639

5. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphis View Post
    I think x15 would be cool and please do sum big stuff for emblems.
    By what I mean - https://www.battle-scape.com/threads...ll=1#post28639
    yea sick idea to kill pking completely on this game dumbass lmfao

6. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    yea sick idea to kill pking completely on this game dumbass lmfao
    You realise that there will be the same amount of hardmode players as ironmen if not even less, right? Pking is just boring. People go pk when they get bored of literally everything else or if they want easy money.
    Go pk on a spawn sever, kid. I don't care about a wildy for 5 people, I care more about the eco for hundreds of people.

@Pali, I don't know if it's possible, but it would be cool if you could decrease droprates on gwd items / cerberus crystals. Specifically for hardmode or for the whole game, both are good. Why? Because those items have the most pathetic prices due to the amount of them being in the game.

7. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    You realise that there will be the same amount of hardmode players as ironmen if not even less, right? Pking is just boring. People go pk when they get bored of literally everything else or if they want easy money.
    Go pk on a spawn sever, kid. I don't care about a wildy for 5 people, I care more about the eco for hundreds of people.

@Pali, I don't know if it's possible, but it would be cool if you could decrease droprates on gwd items / cerberus crystals. Specifically for hardmode or for the whole game, both are good. Why? Because those items have the most pathetic prices due to the amount of them being in the game.
    All drop rates should be nerfed, including Dragon Boots/Whips etc

He should also add Wilderness Gwd with this update with the ele keys.

8. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    All drop rates should be nerfed, including Dragon Boots/Whips etc

He should also add Wilderness Gwd with this update with the ele keys.
    Yeah, tbh I can see all droprates being nerfed being a good thing (besides stuff like pets, imo). Ofc it wont solve the existing amount of items being in the game, but it will slowly move the situation towards something better.

Again, not quite sure if you can decrease the rates for specific monsters or you have to do the whole thing at once, but here's a quick droprate nerf list I'd like to see:

Gwd - decreased by 25-50%
    Daggs - decreased by 25%
    Dfs - decreased by 25%
    Callisto/Venenatis/Vet'ion - shit drops anyways, don't care about those
    Wildy/Normal barrows rate on barrows items - decreased by 35% (+an increase on cost of BM barrows sets)
    Corp - not sure, seems alright, but a decrease by like 15% wouldn't hurt
    Zulrah - Also not sure, because I think it got a nerf on drops(?), but if not, then like 15% as well
    Thermo devil - Amulet droprate decreased by 35%
    Cerberus - decreased by 25-35% on crystals drops
    Sire - Idk, nobody cares about it lol
    Whip/D boots/D bow/Tent/Trident - decreased between like 15-35% (+increas on cost of BM prices)

About wildy gwd.. Yes and no. Of course it would slightly decrease the gwd item income into the game, but then again it means pkers camping one spot all day to kill pvm'ers, which once again - isn't our goal for pking.

9. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Yeah, tbh I can see all droprates being nerfed being a good thing (besides stuff like pets, imo). Ofc it wont solve the existing amount of items being in the game, but it will slowly move the situation towards something better.

Again, not quite sure if you can decrease the rates for specific monsters or you have to do the whole thing at once, but here's a quick droprate nerf list I'd like to see:

Gwd - decreased by 25-50%
    Daggs - decreased by 25%
    Dfs - decreased by 25%
    Callisto/Venenatis/Vet'ion - shit drops anyways, don't care about those
    Wildy/Normal barrows rate on barrows items - decreased by 35% (+an increase on cost of BM barrows sets)
    Corp - not sure, seems alright, but a decrease by like 15% wouldn't hurt
    Zulrah - Also not sure, because I think it got a nerf on drops(?), but if not, then like 15% as well
    Thermo devil - Amulet droprate decreased by 35%
    Cerberus - decreased by 25-35% on crystals drops
    Sire - Idk, nobody cares about it lol
    Whip/D boots/D bow/Tent/Trident - decreased between like 15-35% (+increas on cost of BM prices)

About wildy gwd.. Yes and no. Of course it would slightly decrease the gwd item income into the game, but then again it means pkers camping one spot all day to kill pvm'ers, which once again - isn't our goal for pking.
    The goal of pking is getting people into wilderness lol. Pvmers brings pkers. Pkers brings more pkers. More pkers brings Even more pkers. Even more pkers brings teams. Teams brings more teams.
    More teams brings Even more teams. Even more teams brings clans. Clans brings more clans. More clans brings Even more
    Clans

10. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape View Post
    The goal of pking is getting people into wilderness lol. Pvmers brings pkers. Pkers brings more pkers. More pkers brings Even more pkers. Even more pkers brings teams. Teams brings more teams.
    More teams brings Even more teams. Even more teams brings clans. Clans brings more clans. More clans brings Even more
    Clans
    Yeah, pali has been pushing that for many, many months. Look where we're at..
    People should learn to start making stuff that is working out of them better and trying new things for the stuff that isnt working out for them, not smashing their heads into a brick wall and expecting it to fall.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast